What’s the difference between a normal bra and a nursing bra? Why is a nursing bra essential for your optimal comfort while breastfeeding? In this article, we’ll explore the benefits of nursing bras and how they provide the best breast support while nursing and pumping.
What exactly is a nursing bra?
A nursing bra is a unique brasserie that offers support to women who are lactating and permit comfortable breastfeeding. These nursing bras are designed differently than regular bras as they feature a clasp at the top of the cup that can be released to expose the breast during breastfeeding. This little trick can help moms breastfeed their babies without the need to remove the bra which can be time-consuming and tiring.
This specialized type of maternity clothing is masterfully crafted with comfort and femininity in mind. It generously provides for discreet and subtle breastfeeding and it can be worn under a variety of outer garments. Any new-mom would highly appreciate the bra’s flexible wire that provides versatility, its smooth profile, great shape, and superior comfort.
Why can’t I Wear a Regular Bra?
Regular bras are not designed to stretch and support your changing body. On the other hand, nursing bras are specialized to do just that, plus the all-day comfort and the addition of drop-down cups for discreet breastfeeding.
A nursing bra, unlike a regular bra, can support your heavy bust and has reinforced lower cups for added lift. It also features strong supportive straps, wide back band for support, top cup stretch, and a good cup coverage.
Wearing a regular bra is not recommended simply because it doesn’t have room for the diaphragm to grow and it comes with a metal underwire that mustn’t be worn during nursing. The rigid underwires can place pressure on the milk ducts and tender tissue, potentially blocking milk flow and leading to clogged milk ducts.
Benefits of Nursing Bras
The best nursing bras include these key benefits:
- Comfort. Nursing bras feature non-wired soft cups for maximum comfort. The comfortable lining is made of cotton which can reduce sensitivity caused by chafing against rough fabric. With the introduction of nursing bras, aches and swells are things of the past.
- Support. Your breasts are heavier since they’re filled with milk. It’s vital to wear a more supportive bras than those you had before the baby. These nursing bras can offer the additional support you need and will also prevent sagging breasts. Wearing a nursing bra is essential in order to avoid impaired posture, strains, and tension headaches.
- Discreet nursing. The nursing bras make it incredibly convenient to breastfeed. With wide straps, removable pads, and no underwire, breastfeeding has never been easier.
- No irritation. Seams and stitching across the nipple area can irritate your already sensitive breasts. Nursing bras are designed with concealed seams that avoid the risk of chafing. Your tender breasts will get nothing less than softness, comfort, added support, and breathability.
- Natural shape. A good nursing bra will hold your breasts beautifully in shape and minimize the effects of sagging in the long run. It will give you a beautiful natural shape that will smooth out imperfections and create the most flattering look to your figure.